Sharepoint 2007 Missing site data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Since running windows update last Thursday my sharepoint site collection has dissapeared, I get signature is not valid on the database when I look from SQL server, I have copied the database within SQL server which rectified this problem. I then created a new web application as my original shows as having no site collection within central admin.

When I created the new site collection, detached the database and attached my newly created copy database I have ended up with the same outcome, no errors and the web application is working, only there is no site collection showing witin central admin. I have then created a new site collection within the web app which works fine only doest list any of my old content which I know is within the database as I can see it within SQL server.

I have noticed that SiteId referece seems to be different between the newly created site data and my existing content, is this something I can recify within SQL server?

I have backups of the database before the updates took place however when I restore the database file it doesnt seem to make any difference as I dont believe it is a change with the data or mdf itself but the surrounding microsoft database or sharepoint config.

Any help with this would be greatlu appreciated, as we are without intranet at the momemt and quickly loosing hope for sharepoint.

Kind regards,

A Wilkins

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:10 AM

All replies

• Hiya,

did you apply SharePoint updates? (SP3 for instance)

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:54 PM