Can't Audit FolderBin? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
       Good afternoon, I encounter the following problem: When you enable auditing and confirm "FolderBin" on the variables to be audited; sometimes (randomly) don't audit inbox folder. (Exchange 2010 SP2u6)

EDIT: And now, for moments don't audit anything.

Any idea? 
    Thank you 

Atte. Tomás Esteban Corey

• Edited by TomasCorey Monday, July 7, 2014 2:36 PM
    Monday, July 7, 2014 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you enable auditing and confirm "FolderBind", not "FolderBin",right?

As we know, there are three logon types can be logged : administrator, delegate user, owner. You should check the type which you set. If the type is Owner, the action of "FoldeBind" will not be logged.

Action  

Description  

Administrator  

Delegate  

Owner  

FolderBind

A mailbox folder is accessed.

Yes*

Yes**

No

More details refer to the following article:

Understanding Mailbox Audit Logging

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:38 AM

All replies

• I need change this "One log entry is generated for individual folder access within a time span of three hours." because do not audit all time.

Monday, July 7, 2014 6:53 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you enable auditing and confirm "FolderBind", not "FolderBin",right?

As we know, there are three logon types can be logged : administrator, delegate user, owner. You should check the type which you set. If the type is Owner, the action of "FoldeBind" will not be logged.

Action  

Description  

Administrator  

Delegate  

Owner  

FolderBind

A mailbox folder is accessed.

Yes*

Yes**

No

More details refer to the following article:

Understanding Mailbox Audit Logging

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:38 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. I confirm that this variable it's applying. And the permission is Delegate user.

There are a one limitation "One log entry is generated for individual folder access within a time span of three hours." This means that register one access action every 3 hours, i need change this!!.

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:03 PM