MS Word, Inheriting properties from 1 document to another. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have created a MS Word document template and i am setting some properties, one of the property is "Line Spacing" before and after the lines.

Now i am creating another word document, based on the above set template and using Open XML SDK and adding my own contents but i want to use the properties i set for the template, Is there any way to inherit the properties from a Word document to another word document?

• Moved by Porter Wang Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:12 AM (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:27 PM

Answers

• Styles that you define in a template will be available to documents that are created from that template.  Are you defining styles in the template and then are you assigning those styles to the contents of the document that you are preparing from the template.

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"shafaqat" wrote in message news:311a3978-8314-4b24-9638-a8c372dabe74@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi

I have created a MS Word document template and i am setting some properties, one of the property is "Line Spacing" before and after the lines.

Now i am creating another word document, based on the above set template and using Open XML SDK and adding my own contents but i want to use the properties i set for the template, Is there any way to inherit the properties from a Word document to another word document?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, March 28, 2011 6:43 AM
    Saturday, March 26, 2011 9:35 PM