none
Project Server Migration from 2007 to 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am upgrading project server 2007 to 2010 using full database attach upgrade procedure. I have configured a new web appilcation in new sharePoint and project server 2010 environment, backup the old and restore the database to using sql server 2012. apply the solutions that were in the previous environment, test and mount the content db, the result was successful, i can see the site collections but when i upgrade the PWA instance using the restored dbs of project server 2007 the procedure did not successful. the errrors in logs are

===========================================================================

PWA:http://meylvemig01/PWA, ServiceApp:ProjectServer Service App, User:i:0#.w|corp\epm_migadmsvc, PSI: SqlException occurred in DAL:  <Error><Class>2</Class><LineNumber>11</LineNumber><Number>515</Number><Procedure>MSP_WORKFLOW_AssociateDefaultEnterpriseProjectType</Procedure>  <Message>  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ENTERPRISE_PROJECT_TYPE_UID', table 'EPM_ProjectServer_Published.dbo.MSP_WORKFLOW_INSTANCES'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.  </Message>  <CallStack>    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)    
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.DAL.SubDal.ExecuteStoredProcedureNoResult(String storedProcedureName, SqlParameter[] parameters)  </CallStack>  </Error>

===================================================================================

Team I need some advise how to sort it, any idea will be really appreciated.

regards

Kashif Saeed

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:41 AM

Answers

• The error states that NULLS are not allowed... so if you want to test the following it will allow nulls

Open up SQL Server 2012 Server Management Studio

Expand Databases

Expand "EPM_ProjectServer_Published" database

Expand Tables

scroll down to dbo.MSP_WORKFLOW_INSTANCES

right click on dbo.MSP_WORKFLOW_INSTANCES and select Design

Select the check box under "Allow Nulls" next to ENTERPRISE_PROJECT_TYPE_UID (for me it's the 3rd Column)

HTH 

please mark as answer if this is correct...

KBWrecker

• Marked as answer by Kaashif.Saeed Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:04 PM

All replies

• The error states that NULLS are not allowed... so if you want to test the following it will allow nulls

Open up SQL Server 2012 Server Management Studio

Expand Databases

Expand "EPM_ProjectServer_Published" database

Expand Tables

scroll down to dbo.MSP_WORKFLOW_INSTANCES

right click on dbo.MSP_WORKFLOW_INSTANCES and select Design

Select the check box under "Allow Nulls" next to ENTERPRISE_PROJECT_TYPE_UID (for me it's the 3rd Column)

HTH 

please mark as answer if this is correct...

KBWrecker

• Marked as answer by Kaashif.Saeed Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:04 PM
  • Thanks KB for the solution, the error has gone away...

regards

Kashif Saeed

Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:48 AM