Com Surrogate has stopped working: Pop Up, My Very Simple FIX RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I have tried for weeks to figure this out!

You can click Close 10 or 20 times and it closes, finally.

I have tried most of the solutions suggested, but alas none worked for good!

My Fix works great, for doing what you want with out the constant "pop up".

Just hide the first one!

If you move the very first "COM Surrogate has stopped working" pop up to the bottom of your page it will be out of "site" and you will block ALL the others by not closeing the first one. TA! DA!

And it doesn't have to be the first one, any one you don't Close will not let another in

This will work from folder to folder, file to file as long as you don't close the one you have "hidden".

Just think of this as rain, just turn on your wipers and see what you want.  Anything off your screen is off your screen.

Very Sincerly,  Axhere

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:03 AM

All replies

•  

Thank you for the post, Axhere. I believe the solution will help other members in the community. Thank you very much for the effort and detailed information.
    Thursday, November 27, 2008 3:58 AM
  • Excellent - thankyou, saved alot of frustration
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:22 AM
  •  

Thank you for the post, Axhere. I believe the solution will help other members in the community. Thank you very much for the effort and detailed information.

How about an actual solution instead of just sweeping it under the rug? This is happening in your 'flagship' OS too. I'm running Windows 7 32-bit and getting that error whenever I'm browsing through my secondary hard drive partition. How about a little customer service?
    Monday, August 29, 2011 10:57 AM
  • I recently upgraded to Office 2010 and that is when "COM Surrogate has stopped working" started popping up while I was using the picture viewer. I uninstalled all of the programs that I was no longer using, such as Visual Studio, and the did not fix the problem. I do not want to downgrade to an older version of Office but I will if that is the only way to fix this problem!
    Friday, March 23, 2012 6:53 PM