Splitting out Skype for business to new AD Forest RRS feed

• Question

• Where would I find some kind of reading on this scenario.

Currently a single AD forest/Domain. Needing to split. S4B onprem but we do have a tenant with eyes on going all cloud. They are creating a separate AD forest/domain hybrid, as a greenfield and moving attributes to the new environment which we will sync with new tenant or populate somehow from teh old forest...im still foggy on that part. I told the AD guys they will have to run domain prep and forest prop for the new AD to create the attributes but I cant find much documentation on how to do this kind of migration from out of one AD/tenant to a completley seperate one

Monday, July 10, 2017 7:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Patrick Davie,

According to your description, did you mean that you want to migrate users to a new forest and then do a hybrid for your environment?

As you mentioned, you need to domain prepare and forest prepare for new AD to create the attributes.

The following blog describes how to migrate to another domain
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/31264.lync-20102013-migration-to-another-domain.aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:29 AM
  • As far as I know that is up in the air full cloud v hybrid. Im assuming a kind of hybrid where the non voice will move up and the voice will be on prem until common area phones come into play on the cloud. They are going to create the new domain and will run domainprep and forestprep and there is not debate over what attributes to sync with the cloud. 
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:23 PM
  • You need to prepare AD and forest.
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:43 AM