I have an actual server and clients in 2012 sp1 ver .1000 can i build another server and make hime take over all my clients RRS feed

• Question

• My server is really not well configured, the guy that was here before did not do a good job.

Can i build a server with the latest version 2012 R2 , shutdown old serv and start over from scratch with the new.

Of course i would unplug the old server. Start the new server and activate discovery and configure boundaries.

I would then start from scratch i just want to be sure that my server will connect with the clients and become the primary

I think i will also need to update my sccm client on my computers in my domains, i'm not so sure how to do that.

Thanks for your help, have a great day

My present cofig is
    One Server

• Edited by MTLBigtoe Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:51 PM error
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:51 PM

Answers

• This will work. Just make sure to use a new site code (not really required, but it makes troubleshooting much easier) and to clean up the System Management container in AD. Pushing the client will re-assign and update them to the latest version.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Proposed as answer by Jörgen NilssonMVP Wednesday, November 6, 2013 3:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by MTLBigtoe Wednesday, November 6, 2013 4:00 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:55 PM