none
Defined categories and permissions in project server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for verification of my understanding of setting permissions on groups and categories in project server 2013.  For example, under the default Resource Managers group (in add or edit group in server settings), there are three selected categories - My Organization, My Projects and My Resources.  These all refer to different groups of projects, resources, etc. that the resource manager can access.  To determine what the resource manager can do with these projects, you need to look at the permissions associated with each of these categories.  So say you click my organization - there are several check boxes that appear checked.  These have been checked specifically here or are based on the resource manager security template.  If you select my projects a different series of checkboxes are checked, and this may be based on checking specific check boxes or based on a different security template.  So if you are creating a custom group, you select the category of projects that they need to access and then you have to choose the security permissions at the bottom of this page in order to allow them to do anything with those projects. 

Is my understanding of this correct?  Thanks.

Friday, June 7, 2013 6:03 PM

Answers

All replies