I can't get into a government file because IE11 / Windows 10 does not have ASP and ASPX on my HP laptop? RRS feed

• Question

• I can't get into a government file because IE11 / Windows 10 does not have ASP and ASPX on my HP laptop. Advise please and also please keep it simple for an oldtimer
    Thursday, December 31, 2015 7:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please tell me what you want to do after you open this file?

Based on my research, ASP is a file extension for the Active Server Page file format used by an HTML file containing a Microsoft server-processed script. An ASP files’ scripts are processed on a Microsoft Web server before the page is sent to the user, usually tailoring a page for the user.

It is certain you cold view the ".aspx" via Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10.

If you could not view it, could you please tell me what error message you received? Make sure you have checked all updates.

Also, if you want to edit the code for it. You could use some tool such as Visual Studio to open it.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 1, 2016 2:59 AM
  • Hello, Simon, and thanks for the assistance.

I am trying to get into Essex County NY State tax maps with an .asp suffix to look at a tax map of my property.

I get a popup that says I can't connect. When I click on fixing connection, I receive this notice:

"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer."

So I clicked 'fix connection problems' as my own administrator but it failed.

Do you have any suggestions or advice? Thanks.

Friday, January 1, 2016 2:37 PM
  • "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer."

My guess is that you are using W10 with the latest updates?  <eg>

The symptom can mean just about anything, is probably usually bogus, and most infuriating of all, the diagnostics are not helpful.

C.f.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_web/windows-socket-registry-entries-missing-according/5f54e033-9d49-4de0-bf23-576653641b20?page=7

FWIW I fixed my case by reconfiguring my hardware so I have IPv6 LocalNetwork support and do not have to rely on Tunneling protocols.   It looks like W10 Networking may be just fine provided you give it perfect hardware to use.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, January 2, 2016 6:28 AM
    Answerer