none
Inactive task shown in Capacity and Demand. How to solve? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

assignment related to inactive tasks are shown in Capacity Planning and in Demand tables (odata feed). Why this?

How a customer can work with inactive task to do what-if, if this is impacting Demand and Capacity?

Thanks

Daniele

Daniele

Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have encountered the same yesterday in Capacity Palnning and Resource Assignments (from Resource Center). What version are you using? Project Online, Project Server 2013 or 2016? I am just starting a support call for Project Online.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

Barbara, glad to hear that I'm not the only one impressed by this behavior.

I'm on Project Online. I agree that this require a support call.

I've just built an heat-map only with Assignment tables and here the data can be filtered by TaskIsActive but all the other out-of-the-box report (Capacity Planning, Portfolio Dashboard, etc.) and the odata feed ResourceDemand tables are not usable

Daniele

Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:51 AM
  • Hi Daniele,

I will open my support request during the day. Anyway, I suggest that you do the same, if possible. Support of Project Online is quite responsive.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, June 29, 2017 8:38 AM
  • Barbara, from Office365 are you able to open requests direct to Project Online support?

I'm not more able since they changed the "Service Request" feature. Now you can only ask them to call you for support but last time, they called me from an office without Project Online experts and the service was very bad.

Btw I will ask them to call me.

Let's update here

Regards

Daniele

Daniele

Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:00 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

my request is currently escalated from the Office 365 Support team.

I wait for an answer...

Regards

Daniele

Daniele

Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:40 PM
  • Hi,

I talked to support on Friday (it took some time to get each other on the phone). Issue is known and they are working on a fix. However, I asked for "Capacity Planning" especially, since it is different from "Resource Assignmments".

Regards
    Barbara 

Monday, July 10, 2017 3:08 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

I've also received update from the support and as you told me, the issue is know and they are fixing it.

I'm also referring to "Capacity Planning" and "Resource Demand" odata feed tables.

"Resource Assignments" is not impacted if i'm right and the "Assignment" odata feed table can be filtered by "TaskIsActive".

Wating for update.

Regards

Daniele

Daniele

Monday, July 10, 2017 3:18 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any answer or workaround regarding this problem ? 

Thanks 

Hans 

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:54 PM