Small Basic bugs: Graphics Window errors RRS feed

• General discussion

• I apologise that this is in the wrong category, I could not find one that fit the subject.

I have found several bugs in the Small Basic Graphics Window handling, such as unintended application termination and resizing errors while hidden. Here is some code including most of them:

GraphicsWindow.Hide()
    GraphicsWindow.ShowMessage("Showing GW","Debugger")
    GraphicsWindow.Show()
    GraphicsWindow.ShowMessage("Size: "+GraphicsWindow.Width+"*"+GraphicsWindow.Height,"Debugger")
    GraphicsWindow.ShowMessage("Hiding GW","Debugger")
    GraphicsWindow.Hide()
    GraphicsWindow.ShowMessage("Size: "+GraphicsWindow.Width+"*"+GraphicsWindow.Height,"Debugger")
    GraphicsWindow.ShowMessage("Resizing GW to 800*600","Debugger")
    GraphicsWindow.Width=800
    GraphicsWindow.Height=600
    GraphicsWindow.ShowMessage("Showing GW","Debugger")
    GraphicsWindow.Show()
    GraphicsWindow.ShowMessage("Resizing GW to current size","Debugger")
    GraphicsWindow.Width=GraphicsWindow.Width
    GraphicsWindow.Height=GraphicsWindow.Height
    GraphicsWindow.ShowMessage("Resizing GW to 800*600","Debugger")
    GraphicsWindow.Width=800
    GraphicsWindow.Height=600

On a Windows 7 machine there are the following bugs, which either seem not to apply in Windows 8.1 or do not appear with this code:

• When the Enter key is pressed on a GW message without the GW showing, the program ends, whereas when the button is clicked, the program continues as expected.
    • When the GW is hidden, it does not resize properly in certain scenarios and the Height and Width properties stop returning meaningful values if set to a value.

These errors can cause unwanted behaviour and could well break a program. Could somebody verify these please.

• Edited by wizzwizz4 Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:53 AM
    Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:51 AM