none
Need to know the procedure to DVD request microsot packages at free of cost RRS feed

• Question

• HI Forum members,

Good day to everyone.

I would like to DVD request microsoft trial products. I cant spend more time and bandwidth downloading packages  from internet at times when the size of the packages comes in GB's.

What should i do to get dvd's at free of  cost from microsoft? Is that possible?

I looked around at microsoft home for the possibilties and i dont find anything favourable other than technet subscription.

I cant pay for technet subscription.

Can someone advise how shall i make it as possible. ThanZ in advance.
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:38 AM

Answers

• Hello,

if they are not offered on the trial download page you can't. And even if they have them on disc, you wan't get them for free.
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Sunday, May 23, 2010 1:30 PM
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:57 PM
  • As Meinolf mentioned if its not offered on the trial download page there is no way you will get it for free.
    MS was providing the Windows Home Server 2008 Evaluation Edition DVD for free some time back, not sure if
    they are still doing the same.

So except such once in a while occasions you will not get it for Physical media for free.

Links for the Windows Home Server 2008 Evaluation Edition DVD order Page

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/windowshomeserver/countries.mspx
    Friday, August 21, 2009 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hello,

if they are not offered on the trial download page you can't. And even if they have them on disc, you wan't get them for free.
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:57 PM
  • As Meinolf mentioned if its not offered on the trial download page there is no way you will get it for free.
    MS was providing the Windows Home Server 2008 Evaluation Edition DVD for free some time back, not sure if
    they are still doing the same.

So except such once in a while occasions you will not get it for Physical media for free.

Links for the Windows Home Server 2008 Evaluation Edition DVD order Page

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/windowshomeserver/countries.mspx
    Friday, August 21, 2009 11:48 AM