none
Saving PDF inside IE 11 - File Extension shows .aspx RRS feed

• Question

• Need some HELP!

One user opens a PDF within IE 11 (Windows 7 Environment), selects the SAVE option and the default file name has an ".ASPX" file extension. The occurs still after resetting IE settings and Restore advance settings, disabling/enabling Adobe Reader plug-in, repairing Adobe Acrobat DC (2015) software, and disabling/enabling IE from program and features.

Oddly, I have a similar build at my desk yet when I select the SAVE option I have a default file name with the ".PDF" file extension.

On the USERS PC, I can log into the administrator profile and SAVE a PDF within IE 11 with ".PDF" file extension. I know blowing away that USERS' profile would be an easy fix for me but she would have a melt-down if I presented that option. Would someone please help me discover a way to get IE 11 to function as my PC? 

Friday, February 23, 2018 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hi, "On the USERS PC, I can log into the administrator profile and SAVE a PDF within IE 11 with ".PDF" file extension." on the users account, select the Tools>Manage Addons>Show all addons and locate the Adobe PDF Viewer plugin in the list. double click the entry to display its properties page. Confirm that she has installed the same version as you. That the Plugin is Enabled. And that it has been allowed to run on all sites. Here are my settings for that Addon. Name: Adobe PDF Reader Publisher: Adobe Systems, Incorporated Type: ActiveX Control Architecture: 32-bit and 64-bit Version: 17.12.20093.238000 File date: ‎Thursday, ‎24 ‎August ‎2017, ‏‎10:10 PM Date last accessed: ‎Thursday, ‎22 ‎February ‎2018, ‏‎9:16 AM Class ID: {CA8A9780-280D-11CF-A24D-444553540000} Use count: 227 Block count: 495 File: AcroPDF64.dll Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX Depending on your windows version, you may like to also compare the Default Programs settings for the .pdf file extension. Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, February 23, 2018 10:45 PM