Urgent: Maintenance Mode/Alerts/Notifications Behavior Help plz RRS feed

• Question

• Situation :

I am currently monitoring a website using SCOM 2007 R2.  Every night there is maintenance on the web server, so the availability monitor creates alerts for the downtime on the web app.  Notifications are also sent out during this time as well.  I need to configure Maintenance Mode for this but have had some problems doing so.  What object(s) should I put in MM for the alerts and notifications to be suppressed?  Should it be the watcher node and/or some other objects?

Behavior :

I have been trying test a specific case by putting the specific "closed" alert I care about into maintenance mode and changing the state to "new".  While in maintenance mode this generates a notification (email) to the user.

So my thought is that Maintenance Mode behavior suppresses alerts, in turn this action then suppresses notifications (emails).  Can someone please confirm or correct this statement?

Because if the above statement is NOT correct then why am I seeing emails when the object is in Maintenance Mode?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:48 PM

Answers

All replies