Thumbnail previews on the taskbar stop working? RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows 7 RC why does the thumbnail previews on the taskbar stop working sometimes?

I have no idea what is causing this but it happens at randoms times. And theonly way getting them back is to restart the PC.

I was playing a video in WMP 12 when I noticed this happen. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 1:13 PM

Answers

• Superman75,

No, if it was a Windows 7 bug then I ( and everyone else) would have that problem. I am running an ATI X1900 with no issues at all with the aero interface. I have had zero video problems since installing Windows 7.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:28 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• I would guess your video driver is displaying some compatibility issue with the release candidate.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Monday, May 25, 2009 8:20 PM
  • i agree with Mark here. Try looking for an updated driver for your video card.

wolfie
    Monday, May 25, 2009 11:39 PM
  • Hi All,

I have the same problem with disappearing Thumbs, it is on my ThinkPad Laptop, R61 I have installed the latest Video Card driver but still same.
    Seanie
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:37 AM
  • Depending on where you go to look, the video requirements are as follows;

Lifehacker.com & Windows Server Training - Support for DX9 graphics with 128MB of memory (for the Aero interface)

Downloadsquad.com - DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

If you meet these requirements then the troubles must be elsewhere.

wolfie
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:55 AM
  • Guys I already have the latest video drivers.  ATI Catalyst Software Suite 9.5

O and my video card is the ATI Radeon 3850
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 1:15 PM
  • I see, tho, that the drivers for that particular card are not available for the RC version of Win7 as yet, but are available for the Beta versions. Which operating system did you select when you downloaded them?
    It could just be a conflict in the drivers themselves. In which case, you might have to wait til they offer drivers for the RC version.

wolfie
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:37 PM
  • I get them from here http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-32bit

I really think this is a Windows 7 Bug and not a driver issue!
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:57 PM
  • Superman75,

No, if it was a Windows 7 bug then I ( and everyone else) would have that problem. I am running an ATI X1900 with no issues at all with the aero interface. I have had zero video problems since installing Windows 7.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:28 AM
    Answerer