Can't gain internet access WINxp Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I have a computer running win8 pro..using Gateway Modem/router (4 ethernet ports)
    I want to connect my pc running XP Pro, so I can upgrade to win8 pro
    Message "Web page not found" doesn't find my modem
    I truly appreciate  help & time to resolve my issue
    Tuesday, January 1, 2013 11:36 AM

Answers

• The first place to go to is the user manual for the modem/router to determine if you have everything hooked up correctly.  If XP is connected correctly it should detect the modem/router's presence and assign an IP address if the modem/router allows for the assignment of dynamic IP addresses.  If the modem/router is not configured for dynamic IP addresses, then you need to change that setting in the modem/router or manually assign an IP within the range of the modem/router to your XP system.

Your problem is not caused by Windows XP.  It is caused by a configuration and/or connection problem between your computer and the modem/router.

You should contact the manufacturer's Technical Support for assistance with the modem/router if you do not find the answer in the user manual.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 12:31 PM