none
I get the following message : ' The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll

Question

• I reinstalled windows then I try to copy my old outlook 2007 mails.
    And my inbox showing empty how I solve this problem.
    delete items & junk mail are fine. But inbox is showing empty.

I open Outlook I get the following message :
    ' The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
    Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be loaded
    and has been disabled by Outlook.  Please contact the Add-in manufacturer
    for an update.  If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First, try to rename the extend.dat file to extend.old. Normally, it is located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (XP)

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook  (Vista/Windows 7)

If this does not work, let’s continue.

In most cases, the Outlook add-in should be installed and enabled automatically when you install Google Desktop. If you're unable to locate the add-in, it may not have been installed properly. To resolve this, uninstall and then reinstall Google Desktop, making sure to validate any security software challenges that appear.

If the problem persists, you can install the add-in manually after initial indexing is complete.

To manually install the Google Desktop add-in for Outlook, follow these steps:

Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

1.    Close Outlook.

2.    Click the Start button on your Windows taskbar.

3.    Select Run.

4.    Type "regedit" (without quotes) in the text box and press Enter.

5.    Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions

6.    Create the string [ Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin ].

7.    Right-click the string and select Modify.

8.    Add the following value into the data field: 4.0;C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google Desktop Search\\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll;5;10000110000000;0001000000

If the GoogleDesktopOffice.dll file is stored in a different location on your hard drive, modify the path above to reflect the correct location.

9.    Close the registry editor, reboot your computer, and open Outlook.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:33 AM
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First, try to rename the extend.dat file to extend.old. Normally, it is located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (XP)

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook  (Vista/Windows 7)

If this does not work, let’s continue.

In most cases, the Outlook add-in should be installed and enabled automatically when you install Google Desktop. If you're unable to locate the add-in, it may not have been installed properly. To resolve this, uninstall and then reinstall Google Desktop, making sure to validate any security software challenges that appear.

If the problem persists, you can install the add-in manually after initial indexing is complete.

To manually install the Google Desktop add-in for Outlook, follow these steps:

Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

1.    Close Outlook.

2.    Click the Start button on your Windows taskbar.

3.    Select Run.

4.    Type "regedit" (without quotes) in the text box and press Enter.

5.    Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions

6.    Create the string [ Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin ].

7.    Right-click the string and select Modify.

8.    Add the following value into the data field: 4.0;C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google Desktop Search\\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll;5;10000110000000;0001000000

If the GoogleDesktopOffice.dll file is stored in a different location on your hard drive, modify the path above to reflect the correct location.

9.    Close the registry editor, reboot your computer, and open Outlook.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:33 AM
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:21 AM
  • Thanx  problem has solved.
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 1:02 PM