none
Add Existing project in Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am successfully created Project Server for SharePoint 2013 But When i add existing Project in Project center getting this error

We can't write task "General Conditions" to the SharePoint site.This is either because the tasks list is in read-only mode,or because this task has a column that requires unique value. 

Thanks

Akash Anand

Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would check if you have multiple resources assigned to the General Conditions tasks and, if that's the case, check if the Task list allows multiple selections for the AssignedTo column

Hope this helps

Paul

• Marked as answer by Aakash Anand Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:15 PM
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:04 PM
  • Hi Aakash,

When you are prompted for the project site you will to enter the name of the new project site.

so the steps would be:

- Start as per your screenshot

- Edit your Project/open existing project file

- Go to File > Save As > select your Project web app > click Save

- Enter the project name and save

- then go to File > Info > Publish and Publish your project plan (you will

and that's where you can edit your project site name (you can leave the default option)

Hope this helps

Paul

• Edited by PaulMarinescu Friday, October 31, 2014 9:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aakash Anand Friday, October 31, 2014 12:11 PM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 9:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would check if you have multiple resources assigned to the General Conditions tasks and, if that's the case, check if the Task list allows multiple selections for the AssignedTo column

Hope this helps

Paul

• Marked as answer by Aakash Anand Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:15 PM
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:04 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks to u for replying.But i don't know how to check task list allows multiple selections for the Assigned To column in PWA Site.

Please suggest me appropriate way. 

Thanks

Akash

Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:15 PM
  • Hi Akash,

Here are the steps:

1. Go to the Project Site (Project Center, click on project name, clickProject Site)

2. Click Tasks

3. Select List from ribbon and go to List Settings

4. Click on the Assigned To column

5. Check that the Allow Multiple Selections is enabled

Paul

Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:22 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Task list allows multiple selections for the Assigned To column already done. but it not working..

Akash

Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:17 PM
  • Hi,

Maybe start checking your sharepoint list columns to see if any of them are flagged as required. Then go in the project plan to see if the corresponding columns contain information for all tasks.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:29 PM
  • Hi Akash,

It looks alright. Just looking back at your original post ... Are you trying to save an existing project file to the project server environment?

If that is the case what you need to do is when you select Save As, select your Project Web App (http://sp-2013 ... in your original screenshot) and click Save and follow the on screen instruction.

What I think is happening, you are syncing/saving your project plan with a task list which either used by another project or doesn't exist.

Hope this helps

Paul

Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:46 PM
  • Hi Paul,

My requirement is add existing projects(excel files) in Project center. 

I follow the steps:- Open Project Center --> Click On New --> Select In Project Project 

But when select existing files and Provide the Url of site (http://bmtpmo/PWA/Projects.aspx) getting pop-Up error message.

We can't write task "General Conditions" to the SharePoint site.

This is either because the tasks list is in read-only mode,or because this task has a column that requires unique value. 

Thanks

Akash

Friday, October 31, 2014 8:28 AM
  • Hi Aakash,

When you are prompted for the project site you will to enter the name of the new project site.

so the steps would be:

- Start as per your screenshot

- Edit your Project/open existing project file

- Go to File > Save As > select your Project web app > click Save

- Enter the project name and save

- then go to File > Info > Publish and Publish your project plan (you will

and that's where you can edit your project site name (you can leave the default option)

Hope this helps

Paul

• Edited by PaulMarinescu Friday, October 31, 2014 9:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aakash Anand Friday, October 31, 2014 12:11 PM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 9:00 AM
  • Also, once you open the Project Professional from Project Center, you can go in Project Pro and open your Excel files (File > Open > Computer > Browse for your files). When browsing for excel files make sure you select the correct option in the drop down list

Hope this helps

Paul

Friday, October 31, 2014 9:08 AM
  • Thanks Paul it working..Thanks a lots.....!

Akash

Friday, October 31, 2014 10:35 AM