Files deleted on my Win 7 desktop - can someone help me recover them? RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone help me recover a zillion files that got deleted from my My Documents on desktop (Windows 7 device) after I synchronized with my Win 6.5 mobile (I suspect this could be the issue)? The sync setting on my phone was set to "It there is a conflict replace items on desktop" under the Files tab.

I am not a tech guy - hence I don't know if this setting is responsible for my ~30 GB of documents deleted from "My Documents". If it is, then is there a way to recover these fileS? My advance thanks to any tech wizard who can help me with this...

Friday, November 11, 2011 7:53 AM

Answers

• Hi

You may be able to recover the deleted files using the Previous Versions component. 

1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where the files were stored.

2. Right click the folder and select Restore Previous Version from the menu.

3. In the Previous Version dialog, select a version with a date and time prior to when the files were deleted.

4. Select the Copy Button. Select the Desktop as the location for the copy and click the Copy Button.

5. Go to the Desktop, open the copied folder and look for the files.

If the files are there, move them out of the copied previous version folder to the original location. You can then delete the copied, Previous Version of that folder.

Let us know the results

Regards

Ronnie Vernon MVP – Windows Desktop Experience
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, November 18, 2011 7:15 AM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 12:02 PM