publishing briefing books on a PAS server from .net RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I am working on a project to publish briefing books on a PAS server. I use the desktop professional to create the

.bbk and  .xml  for the books from the test environment.  

The .XML option created 4 files for me and I combined that  to a single XML before calling the API to publish. 

The .bbk option,  created only 1 file and I see reference to external XML   as shown below <MDStoreLink xlink:href="Test_MDStore.xml" xlink:type="simple"/> in it. But there is no such file created.

Finally, When I call the API to publish only the book is created and NO pages. I tried both web methods and server API's but result is same. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Anil Nair

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 9:02 PM

Answers

• Alex, have you referenced this thread yet?

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3325857&SiteID=17

Regarding there being no pages in the published briefing book, can we have a bit more detail?  That is, do you have a code snippet of what you are currently using?  Have you looped through the elements in your briefing book object just before publishing to be sure the page objects are in there?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:06 PM

All replies

• Anil,

The .bbk is a binary file with a format that cannot be opened and read as far as I know.  I will discuss this with our SDK support engineer and see if we can offer some advice.

-Joey

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 11:49 PM
  •  

Hi, we are faced with almost the same objective some months ago...

We need some way to publish view or even bbks programmaticly from .net.

It will solve many problems mainly with printing and administration of the solution we are offering in the market. Without that, we are really loosing power against the other players.

We appreciate so much help,

Thanks,

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:40 PM
  • Alex, have you referenced this thread yet?

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3325857&SiteID=17

Regarding there being no pages in the published briefing book, can we have a bit more detail?  That is, do you have a code snippet of what you are currently using?  Have you looped through the elements in your briefing book object just before publishing to be sure the page objects are in there?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:06 PM