none
Tieing Custom Fields to Multiple Departments - is it possible RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Team! 

Is it possible to tie Custom Fields to multiple departments? 

We have 1 department that does not require some custom fields in their site details pages that the rest of the business does require. We currently have 4 departments, so what I'd like to do is have these fields excluded in one department. Currently all I can find out is that you can set it to 1 department or it defaults to all, I haven't found a workaround for multiple departments. 

Monday, January 13, 2020 1:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Once a custom field is set to unique or multiple values, you cannot change this setting.

See this similar thread:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/199b6542-33c5-4049-8b00-5abf378ae3c7/project-departments-custom-field-allow-multiple-values?forum=projectserver2010general

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, January 13, 2020 9:28 AM
  • Thank you, but that thread is referring to within the PDP.

What I am referring to is the actual Custom Field being available in Multiple departments/Enterprise groups.

Say my company has 3 'departments'; IT, Development and Marketing. 

What I want to do is have a Custom Field in the Concept Page only show up for those in the Development and Marketing projects, not the IT projects.
    Say I want CAPEX to be excluded from the Concept form for IT Projects. 
    So the Custom Field would need to be assigned to these 2 'departments'. 

Currently all the information I can find says that with Custom Fields you can either assign it to 1 'department' ie IT or Development or Marketing. or leave it blank to assign to ALL 'departments'. 

Is my only option to develop 'departments' and name them "Development and Marketing' which then requires further maintenance with business expansion etc? 

• Edited by Alaya Love Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:24 AM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:05 AM