none
how to unlock bitlocker without recovery key? RRS feed

All replies

• You don't because Bitlocker is doing exactly what it is supposed to do - protect your data from anyone without the proper information.

Search the internet for possible 3rd party solutions to gain access.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 11:09 AM
  • To edit BitLocker,try R.clicking cmd prompt,run as Administrator,in cmd type: services.msc  in msc,scroll to BitLocker/double click/log-on tab/maybe reset its settings for other user defaults.....
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:10 PM
  • Hi,

The drive must be unlocked by the recovery password or recovery key.

Please check if you have saved the recovery key on USB or print the recovery information.

If no, I am sorry for that there is no any other method to help you.

Or if your PC join the domain, please try to contact your domain administrator for help. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:39 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:36 AM
  • Hello,

When you enable encryption Bitlocker, than it's recommended to store the Bitlocker Recovery key separate from your computer, save to USB flash drive.
    If for some reason you did not save it or lost it, you will not be able to decrypt the data (bydesign).

If you have the problem with surface, you can see the following article: Prompted for BitLocker recovery key after installing updates to Surface UEFI or TPM firmware on Surface device.

P.S. At the end of March, I was getting messages "Bitlocker Recovery Key on every startup", but in my case the problem was a missing TPM option in the system BIOS.

Avis de non-responsabilité:
    Mon opinion ne peut pas coïncider avec la position officielle de Microsoft.

Bien cordialement, Andrei ...

MCP

Sunday, April 22, 2018 5:07 AM