Management Pack for Server 2008 OS Monitoring version 6.0.7296 cannot be installed or downloaded from the catalog RRS feed

• Question

• In our newly installed Operations Manager I'm trying to install the MP's for monitoring Windows Server 2008 OS through the catalog option. Every attempt (including downloading it through the OpsMgr console) fails with the following error:

Windows Server 2008 Operating System (Monitoring) did not pass the security verification. 
    The management pack cannot be downloaded and the temporary file has been deleted.

Could not load management pack [ID=Microsoft.Windows.Server.2008.Monitoring, Keytoken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=6.0.7296].

This includes the required packs: "Windows Server Operating System Library v6.0.7296" and "Windows Server 2008 Operating System (Discovery) v6.0.7296".

The only option I found was downloading it directly from the website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9296 but I'm a bit anxious if it can't be downloaded from the catalog. Is this pack revoked? Or could there be something wrong in our environment that prevents us from downloading it from the catalog?

Thursday, February 12, 2015 10:08 AM

Answers

• I have the exact same issue - and when I select to download from the catalog, I get an error that the security certificate cannot be verified. I checked it, and it is valid till 2016, so I selected continue and then it works normally. however I do get the same list of errors.

The normal "manual" download is available, and if it was pulled by MS, they would block the download button there too ?

I downloaded the MP manually and installed it without any issues. same for the sharepoint 2010 MP 14.0.7135.5000 mp. installing via the catalog failed while the manual download was available and works OK.
    (and the weird thing is - I downloaded / installed a few other updates via the catalog fine....)

System Center Management Pack for Windows Server Operating System (mp download)

Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007 (mp download)

• Edited by A. Prins Monday, February 16, 2015 10:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by BJaxx2000 Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:48 AM
    Monday, February 16, 2015 10:02 AM
  • The download catalog has not worked for me in quite some time now - as I normally use it to see if there are some updates I missed. I actually thought they had deprecated the service.

With the packages that I can download from the catalog, I get these errors as well in my test mg.

I suggest you download the MP with the guide from microsoft instead, and it's anyhow a good idea to keep a backup copy of all management packs, just in case you import something that haven't been thoroughly tested (like with 6.0.7294)

Monday, February 16, 2015 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi!

Usually that should work as long as you have internet access from the computer where you run the console. Maybe the source in the online catalog has been temporarily removed. Is it the same for other MPs?

However, I recommend to download the MPs manually and review the guide, have a look at all the changes and so on.

A good source is here:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/16174.microsoft-management-packs.aspx

Cheers,
    Patrick

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.
    Patrick Seidl (System Center and Private Cloud)
    Blog: http://www.systemcenterrocks.com

Thursday, February 12, 2015 1:04 PM
  • Hi,

In my lab I am running SCOM 2012, and within catalog, there is no Windows Server 2008 Operating System management pack. You may download and import it manually.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 13, 2015 6:24 AM
  • Hi!

In mine it is:

However, I'm either not able to get them:

Cheers,
    Patrick

Friday, February 13, 2015 7:28 AM
  • Hi,

I get the same errors. I believe Microsoft has a problem

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, February 13, 2015 10:23 AM
  • That's exactly what I'm seeing! Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one here :P

Friday, February 13, 2015 12:41 PM
  • Seems that management pack has some bug or issue for which MS its self has blocked from installing or some thing.

Guess they forgot to remove it from catalog.

Gautam.75801

Saturday, February 14, 2015 6:12 PM
  • Before I install it manually like Yan Li suggested, I'd like to know if any of you installed this version yet. I know the previous 2 versions (6.0.7292 and 6.0.7294) have had some serious issues and that the latest pack should fix those, but what if there's other issues with this version?

Beside that, I'd like to know why there isn't any 2008 MP in the lab environment's catalog of Microsoft. Especially when it does show up in ours.

Monday, February 16, 2015 9:26 AM
  • I have the exact same issue - and when I select to download from the catalog, I get an error that the security certificate cannot be verified. I checked it, and it is valid till 2016, so I selected continue and then it works normally. however I do get the same list of errors.

The normal "manual" download is available, and if it was pulled by MS, they would block the download button there too ?

I downloaded the MP manually and installed it without any issues. same for the sharepoint 2010 MP 14.0.7135.5000 mp. installing via the catalog failed while the manual download was available and works OK.
    (and the weird thing is - I downloaded / installed a few other updates via the catalog fine....)

System Center Management Pack for Windows Server Operating System (mp download)

Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007 (mp download)

• Edited by A. Prins Monday, February 16, 2015 10:11 AM
    Monday, February 16, 2015 10:02 AM
  • The download catalog has not worked for me in quite some time now - as I normally use it to see if there are some updates I missed. I actually thought they had deprecated the service.

With the packages that I can download from the catalog, I get these errors as well in my test mg.

I suggest you download the MP with the guide from microsoft instead, and it's anyhow a good idea to keep a backup copy of all management packs, just in case you import something that haven't been thoroughly tested (like with 6.0.7294)

Monday, February 16, 2015 10:29 AM
  • Well, we decided to import it manually as well and all looks fine for now. Thanks for the feedback.

Microsoft should be aware that the catalog isn't working as intended though...

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:48 AM
  • Tried it right this moment at a customers environment and it works with version 6.0.7296.0

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:58 AM