Skype Room System not being pickup on Initial GAL searches RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Skype Room System not being pickup on Initial GAL searches.

When we search #HYD- E : SRS displays Address book results starting from #HYD- A and not from E.

If we search by Precise #HYD- EM - then it populates #HYD- E results.

When we search the same in Skype for business (on-premises) Client #HYD- E : It displays results from #HYD- EM.

Can any one let me know if this is known issue in SRS? or any work around?

Friday, August 9, 2019 4:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Manohar_RS,

Where do you do the search, on SRS or others?

According your description, you could still get it in the search result though the result seems a little not precise.

How about when you search normal users? And do you have a space in the search address?

If normal users are OK, then I think the search works, and it may be related to the space.

In addition, you could run “update-csaddressbook” on the server side to manually update the Skype for Business address book.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:52 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Manohar_RS Monday, August 19, 2019 8:39 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2019 7:23 AM
  • Hi Shaw,

Thanks for the response. I have tried this and no luck.

Between this is happening on all SRS rooms and if we search the same in our Skype client - it just populates accurate.

Can you please suggest? Is this expected or limited in SRS devices?

Regards,

Manohar RS

Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:58 AM
  • Hi All,

Anyone has any suggestions or noticed the same?

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:40 AM
  • Hi Manohar_RS,

In my research, I didn’t find any related information about your scenario, and according the forum limitation, we don’t have a lab with SRS to do such a testing.

If all the SRS devices have the same behavior, I’m afraid it may be excepted. Moreover, you could provide some feedback in this latest SRS release note.  (Please note that the Skype Room System V2 was rebranded to Microsoft Teams Rooms on January 2019.)

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Microsoft-Teams-Rooms-July-Update/ba-p/758164

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:36 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2019 9:19 AM
  • Hi Shaw,

Thanks, will post in Feedback. Let's see if we get some response, also if we come across this, please do updated the thread. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Manohar RS

Monday, August 19, 2019 3:14 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this case? Do you get any response?

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:12 AM
  • Hi Shaw,

Thanks for asking, there is no update yet on the feedback. 

Regards,

Manohar RS

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:35 AM
  • Hi,

If there is any update, feel free to drop us a note.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Monday, September 2, 2019 8:03 AM
  • Hi Shaw,

No update yet, please let me know if you find any of these similar issues. Thanks.

Regards,

Manohar RS

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 9:58 AM
  • Hi,

I didn’t find any related information for now.

If I get any update, I will inform you.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Friday, September 6, 2019 8:54 AM