none
Task SequencesQuestion on SkipApplications=NO

Question

• I am having trouble with Applications not showing in some of my Task Sequences. I have entered SkipApplications=NO in my cs settings. When I run one Task Sequence I am able to see my apps to install when I run the other Task Squence I am not able to see the Apps. I was able to see a difference in the log files on the application Task Sequence Item <I have included the files below>. How can I correct this to get my Task Sequences to work correctly? Is there a way to test a TS to see if maybe a portion of the TS corrupt or causing the value True to not display?

Example 1:

Found Task Sequence step of type //step[@type='BDD_InstallApplication' and ./defaultVarList/variable[@name='ApplicationGUID'] and ./defaultVarList[variable='']] =  Wizard 1/5/2011 8:37:29 PM 0 (0x0000)

Example 2:

Found Task Sequence step of type //step[@type='BDD_InstallApplication' and ./defaultVarList/variable[@name='ApplicationGUID'] and ./defaultVarList[variable='']] = True Wizard 1/5/2011 8:36:09 PM 0 (0x0000)

Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:54 AM

Answers

• After some more testing I found out what I could have done wrong. In the State Restore there is an option called install applications. On the Task Sequences that were giving me trouble the option to install a single application was checked. After setting back to default install multiple applications I was able to see the application screen once again. I went as far as to disable the install applications and once again the Application Wizard was skipped. I hope this post can help someone else that may run into this.

• Marked as answer by Paul_R1113 Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:48 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:48 AM

All replies

• After some more testing I found out what I could have done wrong. In the State Restore there is an option called install applications. On the Task Sequences that were giving me trouble the option to install a single application was checked. After setting back to default install multiple applications I was able to see the application screen once again. I went as far as to disable the install applications and once again the Application Wizard was skipped. I hope this post can help someone else that may run into this.

• Marked as answer by Paul_R1113 Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:48 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:48 AM
  • Thank you Paul_R1113. Saved me a lot of time.
    Friday, October 12, 2018 4:51 PM