Speakers return to default volume after every song RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just bought a new Toshiba laptop yesterday, and it is equipped with Windows 8.  I have Pandora running on it currently, and whenever a new song begins, the speakers return to some default volume which is too loud for my office.  How do I get the volume to stay at the level I set it at, even when a new song plays?

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• 1] Update your sound card driver.Visit the website of the manufacturer to download and install the latest compatible sound card driver.

2] At the Start screen, type find and fix audio to open the Search charm and proceed accordingly.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:29 AM
  • Hi Paul.

As you said,you used Pandora media to play the song.

To narrow down this issue,I suggest you use other media player to test it.

If the issue only occurred on Pandora media,please reinstall this software and check the result.

If the issue occurred on all media player,please perform the method as S.Sengupta mentioned.

Regards,

Kelvin Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:07 AM
  • If it's an issue with Pandora only then raise the issue here:

http://www.adamhaile.net/projects/elpis/

http://code.google.com/p/elpis-pandora-client/issues/list

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:30 AM
  • If you are experiencing this issue with Pandora in a browsing session, you may want to try clearing your temporary Internet files and cookies using Manage and delete your browsing history. At the bottom of the page the various items which can be cleared are outlined, be sure to select Cached images and temporary Internet files and Cookies.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    The Springboard Series on TechNet

• Proposed as answer by kelvin_hsu Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_Martin Friday, March 7, 2014 4:41 PM
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 8:34 PM
  • I play Pandora all the time in IE11 on Windows 8.1 (right now, in fact).  It doesn't return to default volume after every song here.  I doubt that Pandora's web programming is causing it, at least not directly, or everyone would be seeing it.  You should not expect it to do so.

Edit:  I play it via the Desktop IE11.  I didn't think to mention it.  Is that how you're running it, or are you using the Metro / Modern interface?  Try it on the desktop if that's not where you're running it and see if the behavior is different.  Perhaps it's just another problem with the toy interface.

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 8:42 PM