none
How Can You Show Columns Associated with Lookup On Select?

Question

• I've got a lookup column that is pulling another field with it. I am trying to show the other field on a New form when a selection is made from the lookup dropdown.

The user needs to use use this information to make a choice on whether or not to suggest a modification.

How can I pull back the associated information with that lookup selection?

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 8:28 PM

Answers

• Hi SharePointAU,

If there is anything update, feel free to let us know.

I have not find any method using SharePoint Designer to achieve your requirement.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hi SharePointAU,

Do you mean that you want to you want to display Lookup additional field in NewForm?

Refer to the following article to pull in SharePoint lookup “Additional Fields” into InfoPath form:

http://brainspire.com/how-to-pull-in-sharepoint-lookup-additional-fields-into-infopath-form/

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:25 AM
  • Lisa,

Thank you for your response. Yes that it what I'm trying to do. However, I'm not using InfoPath, but SharePoint Designer.

I will check out your link too, but if you know of away to do this without InfoPath it would be most helpful.

Thank you,

Josh

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:07 PM
  • Hi SharePointAU,

If there is anything update, feel free to let us know.

I have not find any method using SharePoint Designer to achieve your requirement.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:49 PM
  • Thank you. I'm looking to not use InfoPath as it's not being produced any more. I will find another way. Until then i'll mark this as answered.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:11 PM