Problem joining a Windows server 2012 R2 to domain through RODC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there, I don't know if I'm on the right forum but ... I think I'll know quickly enough !!! :-)

I have a problem joining a Windows server 2012 r2 to a domain through RODC. the RODC is located in a specific AD site which replicates from a RWDC located behind a firewall with the appropriate ports opened.

What I did:
    I pre-staged the computer account and specified the computer account password, " netdom add /d:domain myMachineName /pd:MySpecificPassword "
    added it to the security group replication allowed for the RODC password,
    Prepopulated the Password replication strategy for the RODC with the computer account of my client computer

Since I'm trying to register through RODC, I use a script to call the correct libraries.... I'm not using the normal join to domain procedure.

I checked in NetSetup.log and I keep getting the error: NetpLdapBind: ldap_bind failed on Server.domain: 49: Invalid Credentials.

In the event log on the client server I have : The Machine MachineName attempted to join the domain Domain\RODCComputerName but failed. The error code was 1326.

Does anyone have an idea of what my problem could be?

Thanks in advance !

Monday, October 6, 2014 2:20 PM