none
Certain pages wont load, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• OK,

My internet explorer stoped working, i got to the point where i reinstalled windows.

Certain pages work well others will just not open(of course the majority are websites that i use for work(insurance)).

No other browser can open this certain pages.

Majority of the time i have no problem surfing the web. 1 week ago i had no such problem.

So:

Fresh windows.

Updated the computer.

No additional software installed.

changed the TWC modem.

Flashed ip address, released and renew ip address, everything possible has been done.

CAN IT BE A HARDWARE PROBLEM????

THANKS

Friday, September 26, 2014 1:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Any update here?

By saying "No other browser can open this certain pages", do you mean that page is only configured to open in Internet Explorer or it means the page just can't open due to the connection problem?

And what is your Internet Explorer version and your operating system version?

Have you checked this article?

Wired and wireless network problems

Follow the steps to check the network issue, also if available, please try to connect to another network and see if issue insists.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:20 AM

All replies

• Certain pages work well others will just not open

What does that mean?  What do you see exactly?  Remember your words have to substitute for what our eyes might notice.  Additionally use the Developer Tools, Network capture tool (and Console tab) to help refine your symptom description.  E.g. you will see your request going out.  What happens after that?  Is there a response to it?  More requests which support the first?  Etc.

If you are getting the message "cannot open" the most common cause of that is a problem with DNS lookup and associated lookups and redirects.  You can try to cache all the pieces of the lookups that IE would need, to try to eliminate that as a cause.  Often that diagnostics acts as a workaround.  It is just a more complete check than the one that the Network troubleshooter would do for you when you click on the Fix connection problems button in the message.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, September 26, 2014 3:51 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Any update here?

By saying "No other browser can open this certain pages", do you mean that page is only configured to open in Internet Explorer or it means the page just can't open due to the connection problem?

And what is your Internet Explorer version and your operating system version?

Have you checked this article?

Wired and wireless network problems

Follow the steps to check the network issue, also if available, please try to connect to another network and see if issue insists.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:20 AM