Aero Snap addition? RRS feed

• Question

• I love the Aero Snap tool. Was wondering if anyone knows how to make more then the two function of a split screen? The function of the aero snap i am talking about is when you drag to right and it take of right 1/2 of screen and drag left and take left 1/2 of screen to give you two even opened items that split the screen in half.

Now i wanna be able to have something like 6 things open at once, like a drag top right/left, bottom right/left, and middle top/bottom to make 6 things of the same size.

Is there a way to configure it to make it able to do 6 or even 4 split screen?

The reason why i ask this question is that i have 6 cores and got a 1920x1080 screen and i will be able to fit the 6 or 4 screen with no problems.

I was figured the reason why the aero snap only (or is) configure to having the the split screen was because most computers have dual core, but since more and more people are getting quad and 6 cores if the aero snap can be configured into a 4/6 screen split.

Saturday, January 1, 2011 2:34 AM

Answers

• Sorry for my misunderstanding.  With the Aero snap alone, there's no way to do that, but there are some programs that can.  One that came with my computer is called Asus MultiFrame.  But there are other window arrangement programs, one I've used at work is called Sizer (it's a simple exe file that requires no installation).

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Bobsaysvoo Saturday, January 1, 2011 8:20 PM
    Saturday, January 1, 2011 8:01 PM

All replies

• You can't trigger the snap with the mouse between multiple monitors, but you can with the keyboard.  Select the window you want to "snap'', and then hold the Windows logo key while you press the arrow button.  The arrow button you press determines which side of the screen it snaps to (up is maximize the window).  If you press the same direction twice, the window will jump to the next monitor in that direction.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Saturday, January 1, 2011 5:16 AM
  • Sorry about that didn't think someone would think of that. so let me rephrase it cause my explanation is bad.

Its all on one screen. no dual monitors or anything of that.

The aero snap allows you to take left half of screen and right half of screen when you drag a window to the left or right side creating a split screen.

Now is there a way so if i have something of the 6 or 4 windows up at a time to make them do a 1/4 split screen or a 1/6 screen.

This is what it looks like normally snap of left & right                                  this would be the 1/4 split

______________________________________________          ___________________________________________

|                                   | |                                       |          |                                   | |                                   |

|                                   | |                                       |          |                                   | |                                   |

|                                   | |                                       |          |____________________| |____________________|

|                                   | |                                       |          |                                  |  |                                   |

|                                   | |                                       |          |                                  |  |                                   |

|____________________|_|______________________|          |___________________|  |____________________|

Here is what i want the 1/6 screen 6 windows split up evenly with the Aero snap tool

|                     | |                       | |                      |

|____________| |_____________|  |____________|

|____________| |_____________|  |____________|

Can the right figure be produced through windows configuration? or do i still need to manually make equal size boxes?

Saturday, January 1, 2011 7:54 PM
  • Sorry for my misunderstanding.  With the Aero snap alone, there's no way to do that, but there are some programs that can.  One that came with my computer is called Asus MultiFrame.  But there are other window arrangement programs, one I've used at work is called Sizer (it's a simple exe file that requires no installation).

• Marked as answer by Bobsaysvoo Saturday, January 1, 2011 8:20 PM
    Saturday, January 1, 2011 8:01 PM
  • Thank you so much. Although i would like it to be a way in windows to do it, but hey you can't always get what you want. For now i will use those progarmas stated above. Maybe the next windows os will have a feature like that.
    Saturday, January 1, 2011 8:20 PM