none
How can I block the external user for few days in SharePoint Online Site

Question

• Hi All,

I have enable the External Sharing form below steps

1. Check the box next to those site collections whose sharing settings you want to turn on or off. 
    2. In the ribbon, click Sharing. 
    3. And we selected " Allow both external users who accept sharing invitations and anonymous guest links " 
    4. Go to site collection which you want to share 
    5. Click on share

Please suggesr me how can I block the external user for few days so I have tried to block the user form office-365 Admin center
    But after block the user it's able to login the site 

Appreciate for your support.

Regards,
    Deepak Chauhan

SharePoint 2010 & 2013 and Office-365 Branding and Front End Customization, UI Design

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 1:53 PM

All replies

• If you go to the site you should be able to revoke the external user's rights.  You can also use PowerShell to remove the External user entirely (remove-spoexternaluser).  This won't block them for a few days, it will remove their permissions permanently.  But you could re-invite them a few days later to re-establish their access to the site.  I don't think its possible to block them for just a few days.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 2:38 PM
  • Thanks Paul .

I need to show the sharePoint online site for External user for few days and then i need to remove the permission for that extrenal user. Without deleting the user from my office 365 tenant 

So is it possible?

Or we need to add some cusotm code for that

Appreciate for your support.

Regards,

Deepak Chauhan

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 2:47 PM
  • You can remove the permissions from the site collection without removing the external user.  If they don't have rights they won't be able to access the resources on the site.

Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 2:55 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Is there any functionality to enable or disable users form People and Groups  or we need to add some other approach.

Regards,

Deepak Chauhan

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 3:18 PM
  • Hi Deepak,

As I understand, there is no easy way to disable externals user permission to a site for a few days automatically.

As a workaround, I would suggest you can remove the external user permission for a few days and then reinvite the user to site.

Here is a article about working with external user for your reference:

External Users with SharePoint Online in Office 365

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:14 AM
  • As I said, you can remove a user's permissions from People and Groups.  But there is no way to simply disable a user.  You'll need to remove the permissions and then reshare the item when you want to give them access again.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:29 AM