none
Long term Cloud backup solution for DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just looking to see if anyone can recommend a backup solution that works wiht DPM 2010 to backup my Exchange 2010 data to the cloud for long term storage.  I see that Iron Mountain has a plug-in for DPM 2010 that backups to the cloud and am investigation that solution.  Does anyone else out there have a solution they could recommend?

Thanks!

Terry 

Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:05 PM

Answers

• Hi tbrewerdog.

While I have used IronMountain with customers on many occassions, I haven't used it with DPM 2012 and I don't know if they are going to be in DPM 2012 (there is no announcement so I assume that they won't have that link anymore).  What you could investigate is DPM 2012 SP1 with backup to Azure storage which works pretty well.

I don't know any other solution today that will take DPM to the cloud unless you use another solution to backup the DPM data to the cloud

Hope it helps

Cheers,

Mike

#1 Hyper-V Backup – award-winning solution from Veeam Download free

• Marked as answer by tbrewerdog Friday, March 22, 2013 12:07 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi tbrewerdog.

While I have used IronMountain with customers on many occassions, I haven't used it with DPM 2012 and I don't know if they are going to be in DPM 2012 (there is no announcement so I assume that they won't have that link anymore).  What you could investigate is DPM 2012 SP1 with backup to Azure storage which works pretty well.

I don't know any other solution today that will take DPM to the cloud unless you use another solution to backup the DPM data to the cloud

Hope it helps

Cheers,

Mike

#1 Hyper-V Backup – award-winning solution from Veeam Download free

• Marked as answer by tbrewerdog Friday, March 22, 2013 12:07 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 9:10 AM
  • Thanks Mike!  That was very helpful information!  

Apreciate it!

Terry

Friday, March 22, 2013 12:07 PM