none
MDT getting computer type from SQL RRS feed

• Question

• I am generating computer names by Type and serial number using the below custom ini properties.

[Settings]
    Priority=CSettings, CRoles, Locations, LSettings, LApps, MMSettings, MMApps, RSettings, RApps, ByLaptopType, ByDesktopType, ByVMType, ByIsOnBattery, HardwareInfo,Default
    Properties=Type,MakeAlias,ModelAlias

OSDComputerName=%Type%-%SerialNumber% [ByLaptopType] Subsection=Laptop-%IsLaptop% [ByDesktopType] Subsection=Desktop-%IsDesktop% [Laptop-True] Type=LT

Used to work great but for some reason now when i refresh a laptop, it is renamed M-SERVICETAG instead of LT-SERVICETAG.

If i look at the BDD.log i see this:

Property TYPE is now = M ZTIGather 4/10/2014 1:27:05 PM 0 (0x0000)
    Obtained TYPE value from SQL:  TYPE = M ZTIGather 4/10/2014 1:27:05 PM 0 (0x0000)

I have a SQL connection in MDT i use to install applications depending on computer make and models, however i do not use it for naming convention so i do not understand why MDT is getting and using the type from SQL 

Friday, April 11, 2014 10:02 AM

Answers

• As a test, try removing the property Type altogether and see if it has the same issue. Change the CS.ini to this and see if it works:

[Settings]
    Priority=CSettings, CRoles, Locations, LSettings, LApps, MMSettings, MMApps, RSettings, RApps, ByLaptopType, ByDesktopType, ByVMType, ByIsOnBattery, HardwareInfo,Default
    Properties=MakeAlias,ModelAlias

[ByLaptopType]
    Subsection=Laptop-%IsLaptop%

[ByDesktopType]
    Subsection=Desktop-%IsDesktop%

[Laptop-True]
    OSDComputerName=LT-%SerialNumber%

[Desktop-True]

OSDComputerName=DT-%SerialNumber%

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, April 20, 2014 7:17 PM