Have CPU\RAM usage in SCOM Visio Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I created my own dashboard by Visio to monitor Data Center. I want to have CPU and RAM usage beside each server object in Dashboard(Live from SCOM), but can't find object under Windows Server 2008 Management Pack to add it. is there any suggestion in this regard. thanks in advance.

Sunday, December 6, 2015 4:26 PM

Answers

• I found a way to create custom performance monitors for the CPU and to add it to Live map.

First of all you need to enable CPU discovery, which is disabled by default.
    the discovery is per OS, so if you have win2003, 2008 and 2012, you should enable all of them.
    then you have to create a custom group per server with dynamic members Processors.
    for instance: if your server is OS 2008, you should choose object "windows server 2008 processor" + name of the server. It looks like this: ( Object is Windows Server 2008 Processor AND ( Windows Computer.NetBIOS Computer Name Contains "yourservername") AND True ) 
    after the creation check if the group is populated with all logical processors belongs of that server.

then you need to create performance monitor targeted to that group.
    that's it.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

>>I want to have CPU and RAM usage beside each server object

I can not find the information of resource usage can be added into visio within following article :

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee342533.aspx

I'm afraid you can not do that .

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:36 PM
  • Hi Elton

Integration already have been done. so my question is unanswered yet. I want to monitor RAM and CPU usage in Visio dashboard live.

• Proposed as answer by Nick Kolev Thursday, June 9, 2016 1:45 PM
    Saturday, December 12, 2015 10:22 PM
  • Hi Daniyal,
    I met the same problem, tons of monitors can be added in visio livemap, but cannot find a way to add CPU and Memory Health State.
    Did you find some solution of this?
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:59 AM
  • I found a way to create custom performance monitors for the CPU and to add it to Live map.

First of all you need to enable CPU discovery, which is disabled by default.
    the discovery is per OS, so if you have win2003, 2008 and 2012, you should enable all of them.
    then you have to create a custom group per server with dynamic members Processors.
    for instance: if your server is OS 2008, you should choose object "windows server 2008 processor" + name of the server. It looks like this: ( Object is Windows Server 2008 Processor AND ( Windows Computer.NetBIOS Computer Name Contains "yourservername") AND True ) 
    after the creation check if the group is populated with all logical processors belongs of that server.

then you need to create performance monitor targeted to that group.
    that's it.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 1:52 PM