screensaver with password in staedy state RRS feed

• Question

• i made a configuration for a screensaver with a password protection ( 60 sec) on a user account . Switch to the administrator account and select in steady state the user account with most restrictions. When logon to the user account the standard configuration of the screensaver is back. (600 sec and no password protection).<o:p></o:p>

I tried to set the user account with no restrictions in steady state. The screensaver with password protection on 60 sec And in works. When i set the user account with most restrictions standard configuration back again.<o:p></o:p>

How to solve this problem ?<o:p></o:p>

THX

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:33 PM

All replies

• i am a little confused by your question? each user account can be configured you also be able to use the local security policy to configure settings.

Mark D. Albin IT Master Services www.itmasterservice.com (775) 229-4254

Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:46 AM
  • Mark,

Every user account is configured seperate. If i check the hkeyusers in the regedit it is visible.

But when i activate windows staedy state the user account settings of the sreensaver will bet set to default.

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\ScrnSave.exe                %SystemRoot%\system32\logon.scr

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\ScreenSaveTimeout           600

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\ScreenSaverIsSecure         0

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\ScreenSaveActive              1

Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:47 AM