Exchange 2007 PowerShell RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to query Exchange 2007 who was setup for auto archive. Do you guys know if there is a command?
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:53 PM

Answers

• As I explained earlier, I am not aware of any setting in Exchange covering this.  It's strictly an Outlook setting as far as I know.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:09 PM
  • Agreed, this is a client setting, and is not related to Exchange.  You can report on the presence of the pst itself with something like this:

http://eskonr.com/2011/05/sccm-report-to-inventory-file-types-like-pst-ost-sft-etc/

or the registry keys themselves.  I believe they are stored per-outlook profile (hard to enum) as well as some settings globally:

• HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences\ArchivePeriod
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences\ArchiveGranularity
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences\ArchiveDelete
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences\ArchiveMount
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences\ArchiveOld

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:37 PM

All replies

• If you are talking about Outlook archiving, that's not something that's configured in Exchange.  If you're talking about some third-party archiving product, then you'd need to talk to the vendor.  If you're talking about something else, please explain in more detail what you mean by "auto archive".

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:04 PM
  • So in Outlook>Tools>Options>Other>AutoArchive. I would like to know which users have the setting enabled.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:41 PM
  • Maybe something like System Center Configuration Manager can collect the setting from clients for you.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:54 PM
  • No PowerShell command?
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:50 PM
  • As I explained earlier, I am not aware of any setting in Exchange covering this.  It's strictly an Outlook setting as far as I know.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:09 PM
  • Agreed, this is a client setting, and is not related to Exchange.  You can report on the presence of the pst itself with something like this:

http://eskonr.com/2011/05/sccm-report-to-inventory-file-types-like-pst-ost-sft-etc/

or the registry keys themselves.  I believe they are stored per-outlook profile (hard to enum) as well as some settings globally:

• HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences\ArchivePeriod
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences\ArchiveGranularity
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences\ArchiveDelete
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences\ArchiveMount
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences\ArchiveOld

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:37 PM
  • Hi Jose

Did you take ED and Mike's Suggestion?

Cheers

Zi Feng

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support