none
notification after resource engagement request was created RRS feed

• Question

• hello forum members,

does anyone know if its possible to have an email sent to a resource manager after a resource engagement request created? We need  to send a notification to the Resource Manager when a Resource Engagement proposal is submitted for a member of the RM's team or for a Generic Resource associated with the RM

tatiana

tatiana

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:15 PM

Answers

• Tatiana --

Yes, this is possible, but each resource manager needs to set this up for him/herself.  First of all, your organization must have the e-mail notifications option enabled on the Server Settings page in PWA.  Assuming this has been done, the RM must navigate to the PWA Settings page and click the Manage My Resources' Alerts and Reminders link in the Personal Settings section of the page.  On this page, he/she must select the "Send a reminder about pending resource requests" checkbox and then click the Save button.

Keep in mind that Project Online will not send the pending resource request e-mail immediately, as this is not an alert which is sent immediately, but a reminder which is sent once a day.  He/she will see an e-mail about pending resource engagements the next morning.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by tatiana obrien Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:39 PM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:45 PM

All replies

• Tatiana --

Yes, this is possible, but each resource manager needs to set this up for him/herself.  First of all, your organization must have the e-mail notifications option enabled on the Server Settings page in PWA.  Assuming this has been done, the RM must navigate to the PWA Settings page and click the Manage My Resources' Alerts and Reminders link in the Personal Settings section of the page.  On this page, he/she must select the "Send a reminder about pending resource requests" checkbox and then click the Save button.

Keep in mind that Project Online will not send the pending resource request e-mail immediately, as this is not an alert which is sent immediately, but a reminder which is sent once a day.  He/she will see an e-mail about pending resource engagements the next morning.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by tatiana obrien Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:39 PM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:45 PM
  • thanks Dale! It is possible to set those up using delegation?

tatiana

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 4:27 PM
  • Tatiana -

Yes, I believe that would be possible.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 5:33 PM
  • Dale,

I have a follow up question on this. How do you setup notification for generic resource since we cannot setup timesheet manager and  also Generic resources are not users in POL

Hrishi

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:47 AM