none
How to using FIM 2010 to sync Note to Exchange? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was told to use text file from Note and import using FIM MA.  However, still not sure how to make it works (sync) with Exchange 2010 contacts.  Anyone does it before?  Please advise the correct steps.  Many thanks.

Kelvin Teang

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:23 AM

Answers

• From the capital N in your title I presume you are referring to Lotus Notes.  FIM 2010 R2 was released with a new management agent for Lotus Notes which is designed to support your scenario.  However, this is only one piece of the puzzle.  The FIM-based solution you are after is known as a "GAL Sync" implementation, with a specific variation of the model to incorporate Notes.  You may construe from the lack of responses to this thread on the subject that this might be a new thing, but people have been doing this since FIM was known as MIIS and then ILM, albeit with earlier versions of AD/Exchange.  Perhaps you could start here and if you need more help I suggest you look to get some FIM training, because FIM isn't the simplest technology in which to quickly become proficient :).

Bob Bradley (FIMBob @ TheFIMTeam.com) ... now using Event Broker 3.0 for just-in-time delivery of FIM 2010 policy via the sync engine, and continuous compliance for FIM

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:35 PM