viewing gmail in MS Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting the following window when  I try and view gmail in outlook

Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: please log in via your web brower: https//support.google.com/mail/accounts/answer/78754 (Failure)

everything worked fine in the past.  I did get a suggestion from google to make my gmail access more secure and I changed  'allow less secure apps' from off to on but I have since changed it back.  Do I need to change something in MS outlook or my gmail account?

Friday, January 12, 2018 7:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Rjayson,

According to my research, this issue is likely related to security standards. In my opinion, as Microsoft Outlook has a different security standards From Gmail, you may need to follow the suggestion from Google to turn on "Allow less secure apps" for your Gmail account.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, January 19, 2018 8:15 AM
    Monday, January 15, 2018 5:32 AM
  • Hi,

Does this issue still exists?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 19, 2018 8:16 AM