Vista isn't booting, and DVD installer doesn't either. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello community,

I have had Vista installed for about 4 months now without a problem.  But now I am getting a problem.  It won't boot.  So I tried Safemode, and i get the same thing that everyone else gets; it hangs on crcdisk.sys.  So, I tried all of the fixes that where suggested, there is a catch though.  My Vista DVD Installer doesn't want to load.  It shows the background and stops.  So, I can't attempt some of the fixes.  Any ideas that I may have missed?  I can do a Live CD boot.  That works fine, but the installer doesn't work.  There was a suggestion that it had to do with my harddrives being out of order.  Is this right?  I could understand it, but I haven't touched my harddrives.  They have been the same configuration for ever.  I have 1 volume that spans 2 drives though, could that cause the problem?  Thanks for help in advance.

Charles

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:08 PM

Answers

• My apologies to everyone.  I restarted the computer after letting Live Ubuntu run, and the computer was fixed.  It took Live Ubuntu about 40 mins to boot, but now, the computer boots just fine.  Just as long as I am here, I think it is time to re-install.

Charles Timko
    Monday, January 14, 2008 6:42 PM

All replies

• Hello Charles,

Thanks for your post!

There is another thread in our forums that answers a similar issue, please try the steps provided by the reply:

TechNet Forum: Vista home premium not booting

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2638955&SiteID=17

Hope it helps! If the problem still persists, please let me know. I’m happy to be of further assistance.   

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:13 AM
  • My apologies to everyone.  I restarted the computer after letting Live Ubuntu run, and the computer was fixed.  It took Live Ubuntu about 40 mins to boot, but now, the computer boots just fine.  Just as long as I am here, I think it is time to re-install.

Charles Timko
    Monday, January 14, 2008 6:42 PM
  • Hi Charles,

I'm happy to hear that the problem has been solved. If you have any more questions in using Windows Vista, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:12 AM