none
Project Server 2010 - Users can't see the Project sites they themselves have created, until rights are given to them explicitly. RRS feed

• Question

• The scenario is such - the User creates a Project Site. They have Full rights in the application. When they access from the web they can't see their own Site. The administrator then has to give them access, after which the problem is solved.

Any solutions? thanks in advance.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 12:54 PM

All replies

• Is automatically permission sync setting is enabled in Project Site Provisioning settings page

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 6:20 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for your answer.

No, it is disabled because it was for some reason causing users to lose their access to the Project sites after every Active Directory synchronization.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:17 AM
  • Hi EPM Quest,

Thats the reasons the permissions are not being provided to the users.

To set the permissions automatically you have to enable the Automatically permission sync settings.

You can refer the TechNet article: Project Site Provisioning Settings (Project Server 2010 settings): technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982961(v=office.14).aspx

One of the probable reason why the setting was disabled can be that there are custom permissions being provided to the Project Server Groups. These custom permissions will be removed when the Sync is run and the users might loose access. (Refer: PSVR2010: I’m sure I added some users to that SharePoint group?  blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2012/10/24/psvr2010-i-m-sure-i-added-some-users-to-that-sharepoint-group.aspx)

Regards,

Dinesh Rai 

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Sunday, July 7, 2013 6:21 PM