Issue in SCVMM and SCOM integration. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have SCVMM and SCOM 2012 SP1 installed on the same Virtual machine.

so to get the reports of VM's managed by VMM, do I have to install agent on that Virtual machine even if SCVMM and SCOM are installed on the same virtual machine?

When I try to add Operation manager via VMM console It gives me following error.

And all the credentials that I have used are Correct for sure and also all required management packs are imported.

So why this error-

Error (11803)
    Unable to connect to the Operations Manager root server, MgmtGroup-2.

Recommended Action
    Ensure that the server exists and that System Center Operations Manager is installed, and then try the operation again. Use Remove-SCOpsMgrConnection -Force if you are trying to remove the connection to that server.

Please help.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 8:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• In order to monitor the VMs within VMM, you need a specific Management Pack. You can't put agents within the VMs if that's what you're asking.

You'll need the Veeam MP in order for this to function correctly, please refer to the following link for the MP:

http://www.veeam.com/vmware-microsoft-esx-monitoring.html

Or if that's not the solution you're looking for, make sure your VMs are on an Internal network.

• Edited by Rob Pretorius Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:01 PM More info
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:00 PM
  • So do you want to say that if I want to get usage data of VM's managed by SCVMM which is installed on the same machine as SCOM is installed then I dont have to  push agent on that machine because Management server of SCOM is already there on that machine to do job of an agent, right??

then why is the machine is showing Not monitored state in SCOM?

I want it to get monitored by SCOM and I want to generate reports for the VM's managed by SCVMM.

Friday, July 5, 2013 4:56 AM
  • Ahh ok, I've run into this issue before as well, the article below helped me resolve the issue to get my RMS server put into a monitored state:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2008/03/10/getting-headaches-trying-to-figure-out-why-you-are-seeing-the-not-monitored-state-for-management-servers-or-agents.aspx

After that, follow my first post for the Veeam MP and you will be able to generate reports for your managed VMs within SCVMM :)

• Proposed as answer by Rob Pretorius Friday, July 12, 2013 2:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:32 AM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 1:32 PM