none
can users in AD DS be in a group for FIM password registration? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I've set up FIM to create users in AD and they can all log on and have the password registration portal appear as normal. Great! The question is, I have several hundred users in my AD and instead of importing them all into FIM (because I don't need to manage them all in there) can I simply add them to a group and then have any member of that group have to register their security questions? Or will it simply ask them every time they log on? If it can be done does anyone know how?

Thanks guys!

Monday, March 24, 2014 9:32 AM

Answers

• To provide them availability to reset own password, each user has to have responses for questions stored somewhere. So you have to import them to FIM (at least their AccountName, ObjectSID and Domain) to store their Password Reset answers in one of FIM attributes.

Once they would be created in FIM Portal and you have "FIM Rich Client" on workstations in environment, users would be asked to register for password reset.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Monday, March 24, 2014 9:37 AM

All replies

• To provide them availability to reset own password, each user has to have responses for questions stored somewhere. So you have to import them to FIM (at least their AccountName, ObjectSID and Domain) to store their Password Reset answers in one of FIM attributes.

Once they would be created in FIM Portal and you have "FIM Rich Client" on workstations in environment, users would be asked to register for password reset.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Monday, March 24, 2014 9:37 AM
  • Hello,

If you want that all users use FIM SSPR, you have to put them all in the FIM Portal, because SSPR use FIM Service for registration and reset process

Regards

Sylvain

Monday, March 24, 2014 9:38 AM
  • that's what I thought. Thanks guys!
    Monday, March 24, 2014 10:17 AM