Transport rules in Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Is it possible to create a transport-rule on the HUB server to require that e-mails arrive in plain text (even those originally in HTML) or to remove the desired HTML code in the message?

The following code is a problem in a workflow which takes emails with javamail (include in old version of JBOSS)

<!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
    o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
    w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
    .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
    </style><![endif]-->

The problem did not exist with Exchange 2007 without any rule.

Other question: some servers send emails and by default those emails go to the junk email: the domain is added to permitted senders but Outlook 2010 takes no consideration of the settings since we migrated to Exchange 2010. A Transport-rule can change the situation?

Thank you in advance

Friday, March 28, 2014 2:52 PM

Answers

• I Thinks you can do this setting in the Exchange Orgainzation settings....

Please check that....

Yes, you can do many things with Exchange 2010 transport rules. Try in ur testing enviornment  different combinations

Saturday, March 29, 2014 3:25 AM
  • Hello,

Finally, I found another much more simpe solution for my problem of HTML code: on each mailbox can be set the preferred format for POP3 retrieval....

In the properties > Mailbox Features > POP3 properties Uncheck the "use protocol default" setting and choice your preferred format (for example "text")

When connecting with POP3 client (here JavaMail), all mails are retrieved in plain text without HTML code.

• Marked as answer by JADOT Thomas Friday, April 4, 2014 11:22 AM
    Friday, April 4, 2014 11:22 AM

All replies

• I Thinks you can do this setting in the Exchange Orgainzation settings....

Please check that....

Yes, you can do many things with Exchange 2010 transport rules. Try in ur testing enviornment  different combinations

Saturday, March 29, 2014 3:25 AM
  • Hello

In "Organization Configuration" only some settings can be changed by "transport rules" tab. I think it's possible to change more settings with powershell or maybe we have to develop our own "transport agent".... but I do not find examples of code. Additionally I think with the "transport agent" we affect all emails...

Thank you for your response

Monday, March 31, 2014 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

Please close Outlook and directly send/receive in OWA to check whether there are some code in the message or not. Also confirm whether the receiving message is listed in Junk Email folder to check whether the message is marked as spam in server side or Outlook side.

Additionally, there is a transport rule that can set the spam confidence level to -1 to bypass the message is marked as spam when transport in Exchange server.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your response I'll try to add this confidence level.

How to see the difference between spam marked by the server side or outlook: there is a difference in the header?

Kind regards

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:10 AM
  • If the message which received directly by OWA is listed in Junk E-mail folder, it indicates that the message is marked as Spam by some transport agent in Exchange server. If the message doesn't received as spam in OWA but marked as spam in Outlook, it means the Outlook filtering the message to junk email.

We also can use message tracking logs to retrieve more information about the junk message for mail flow analysis.

Best Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:08 AM
  • Hello,

Finally, I found another much more simpe solution for my problem of HTML code: on each mailbox can be set the preferred format for POP3 retrieval....

In the properties > Mailbox Features > POP3 properties Uncheck the "use protocol default" setting and choice your preferred format (for example "text")

When connecting with POP3 client (here JavaMail), all mails are retrieved in plain text without HTML code.

• Marked as answer by JADOT Thomas Friday, April 4, 2014 11:22 AM
    Friday, April 4, 2014 11:22 AM