need help with conversion RRS feed

• Question

• They asked to help to transfer mail from the old computer to new. There it is set Windows 7, and on it, Outlook 2013 is absent. I found good change, it was only necessary to do converting massive OST files to PST. Advise with what and how to make it?

Thursday, June 8, 2017 11:56 AM

All replies

• This forum is for developers.  I suggest you ask your question at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlook
    Thursday, June 8, 2017 12:02 PM
  • Hello,

This forum is for development issues related to Outlook Object Model, so I would move this thread into Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 1:37 AM
  • In your situation, I would suggest you to try any third party tool like, Lepide exchange recovery manager which provides an automated way to manage this task without losing or tempering any content.

Hope, this helps you.

Friday, June 9, 2017 7:54 AM
  • Hi,

>>There it is set Windows 7, and on it, Outlook 2013 is absent.

So there is no Outlook client on the new computer? I'd be curious how you expect to manage/view the messages without an Outlook client on the new computer.

If you just want to backup your messages into the new computer, plus you still have an Outlook client running on your old computer, then you can use the built-in Export feature in Outlook to backup all your data into a pst file:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Export-or-backup-email-contacts-and-calendar-to-an-Outlook-pst-file-14252b52-3075-4e9b-be4e-ff9ef1068f91

Let me know if there is any misunderstanding here, we will then take a further look.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 10:22 AM
  • They asked to help to transfer mail from the old computer to new. There it is set Windows 7, and on it, Outlook 2013 is absent. I found good change, it was only necessary to do converting massive OST files to PST. Advise with what and how to make it?

There is a strange and not new method to get corrupted .ost files back. It is called conversion from one extension to another. For this purpose on market there is a https://recoverytoolbox.com/how-to-convert-big-ost-files-with-size-more-then-4gb.html it was created especially for any versions of MS Outlook and for huge .ost and even .pst files too.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:50 PM
  • Hi,

As suggested by Ethan Hua above, please check built-in Export feature in Outlook to backup all your data into a pst file but make sure your Outlook profile must be connected with Exchange Server to do this task. If you have any more questions, I suggest you post them in Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum. If you just want to convert your OST file to PST, I think you can purchase an OST to PST Converter Software, I have personally used this tool. It is appropriate and more experts will assist you.

Hope it might help you !!

Regards, 
    Alice Aggie
    • Edited by aliceaggie Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:21 AM
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:21 AM