Keyboard not working properly and mouse not working at all RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

My Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 and Logitech G5 mouse are acting very strangely under Vista, in
    device manager both devices are listed but whenever you try to install a driver through device
    manager you get an "Access is Denied" error message.

I did eventually get the keyboard working by reinstalling Intellipoint pro a few times but it keeps asking me if I want to update the driver through windows update, when I look in device manager it says the keyboard is an "Unknown Device" that is ON the Natural Ergonomic keyboard.
    If I choose to update it the driver at startup the keyboard stops working altogether and I am stuck
    with the on-screen keyboard.

I have a spare USB mouse that does work but the G5 does nothing at all.

I have tried reinstalling the driver software from the disks I got with the devices but to
    no avail.

I have tried both devices on other systems and they work perfectly.

Any help will be apprieciated, Thanks

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 7:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems that the drivers are not installed properly.

First, let's try to manually upgrade the Logitech mouse driver. Please download the latest Logitech driver Setpoint.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/428/2800&cl=sg,en?softwareid=670&osid=13

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Then, install it. After installing, please follow the steps below.

1. Start, in the Search Bar type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. If UAC window pops up, click Continue.
    2. Please find the entry of the mouse, right-click on it and click Update Drive Software.
    3. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
    4. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
    5. Please check the option Show compatible hardware. Then click Have Disk.
    6. Click Browse and locate to the following path

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\CDDRV2\LMouPs2K.inf

Click Open. Click OK.

7. In the compatible device list, choose the correct device and click Next.

If the device still not work properly, please let me know the symptom of the mouse issue. Does it not move at all, or some functions do not work?

Regarding the Microsoft Ergonomic 4000, we need to install IntelliType for it. Please download from the following website.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResult.aspx?category=MK&type=Keyboard&name=m_nek4000&os=WVista_32&lang=en

After installing the driver, please test if the keyboard works properly.

If the driver is not installed or does not work properly, I suggest that you create another administrator account, and log in it. Then disable UAC and try to install IntelliType again.

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:46 AM