disable domain choice on computer network RRS feed

• Question

• hi i have a network with windows sbs 2003 server.

there also 15 windows xp computers in the network.

i want to dissable the domain choice om the computers, so they can,t work local and to prevent loss of data.

is there a way that when a user want to log on with ctrl,del,alt that they can't make a choice of a domain.

it will help me a lot.

Friday, August 20, 2010 8:42 AM

Answers

• Hi protokos  ,

Thanks for post here.

After reading your post I understand that you want to restrict local account log into  computer .

If I misunderstand please let me know.

Based on my knowledge , this chosen list can’t be removed after domain joined, but  you may like to edit computer local security policy to achieve the goal :

1.       log in computer with local administrator account.

2.       Perform “gpedit.msc” to open group policy editor.

3.       Navigate to :computer configuration /windows settings/security settings/local policies/User Right assignment

4.       Edit policy  “Deny log on locally” to add all the local account in it.

5.       Modify the password of local administrator account .

Please notice that this policy is not applied to local administrator account.

Hope that’s helpful.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 12:52 AM