none
grouping RRS feed

• Question

• I have a group definition set up for a custom field.  Works great.  The title of that group field (when the grouping is chosen) shows up as a summary level for those activities.  However, in random places the summary level does not show 100% complete even though all activities under it are 100%.

Any thoughts?

Penny

Monday, October 31, 2011 3:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Penny,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project forum:)

The commonest cause of this is the presence of a milestone under the summary.  That must be marked 100% complete for the summary to respond.

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be  seen at this web address:  http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)

Mike Glen
    MS Project MVP (97-11)
    See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

Monday, October 31, 2011 4:09 PM
  • Thanks for the assistance.  This is not the case however. All activities under the summary level are showing 100%.  That is why it is so weird that the summary level remains 0.  
    Monday, October 31, 2011 4:20 PM
  • Penny,

What type and category is your custom field?  Is it a calculated field, text field, number? 

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Monday, October 31, 2011 4:48 PM
  • It is a custom text field
    Monday, October 31, 2011 5:37 PM
  • plclem,

Somehow I missed your answer to my question and I apologize for not responding sooner.  I cannot recreate the issue you are describing.  Would it be possible to send the file and I can look at it?  If it is possible, send it to:

gregg.richie (at) gmail.com

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Is it possible that you have Calculation set to Manual for this project?
    Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:54 PM