VMDK to VHD error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am trying to convert a VMDK file to VHD and getting the below error

MVMC server 2012 R2 datacentre.

ESXi5.5

ConvertTo-MvmcVirtualHardDisk : The count of bytes (32212254720) plus the source offset (0) must be less than or equal
    to the source length(4619059200).
    Parameter name: count
    Actual value was 32212254720.
    At line:1 char:1
    + ConvertTo-MvmcVirtualHardDisk -SourceLiteralPath "C:\xxxx.vmdk" -D ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (Microsoft.Accel...nversionService:DriveConversionService) [ConvertTo-MvmcVi
       rtualHardDisk], ArgumentOutOfRangeException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DiskConversion,Microsoft.Accelerators.Mvmc.Cmdlet.Commands.ConvertToMvmcVirtualHardDiskC
       ommand

ConvertTo-MvmcVirtualHardDisk : One or more errors occurred.
    At line:1 char:1
    + ConvertTo-MvmcVirtualHardDisk -SourceLiteralPath "C:\xxxx.vmdk" -D ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (Microsoft.Accel...nversionService:DriveConversionService) [ConvertTo-MvmcVi
       rtualHardDisk], AggregateException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DiskConversion,Microsoft.Accelerators.Mvmc.Cmdlet.Commands.ConvertToMvmcVirtualHardDiskC
       ommand

Thursday, January 21, 2016 6:49 AM

All replies

• When we were doing a migration from VMware to Hyper-V last autumn, I don't remember encountering anything similar.  We were using a 3rd party converter though. Have you tried using something except MVMC and see if the error persists? Because that would mean, something is wrong with the VMDK being converted. 

Try using  Starwind's v2v and let's see if it works.

V2V converter :

https://www.starwindsoftware.com/converter

Friday, January 22, 2016 2:24 AM
  • I Tried doing that still i get error on the Machine while booting if it boots it is not picking Nic Card on the VM.It is working Perfectly on ESXi.i dont get any erros i have assigned a Nic and it is not showing the same.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:36 AM