none
Some advices between use AD DS vs AD LDS

Question

• Hello everyone

I need some advices.

I am working to migrate some applications that use a software called Module of security.

This software was develop by the client. The function this software is grant access to users.

For example: I have an application called XYZ. For a specific user have access to application, I need to put this user inside of a group, inside this software.

Now, I need migrate this application that use this software (module of security) to authenticate and authorizate by Active Directory.

In this case, I can use AD DS or AD LDS?

Thanks

Wilsterman Fernandes

• Moved by Amy Wang_Moderator Monday, February 20, 2017 8:59 AM from Windows Server 2012 General Forum
    Saturday, February 18, 2017 6:27 PM

All replies

• You'll probably need the application developer's help or also try asking somewhere on MSDN, possibly over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?category=windowsdesktopdev

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, February 18, 2017 7:49 PM
  • what is the current use store database type AD SQL ADLDS ?If it is ADLDS you can just migrate it to the new server.  if it is ADDS you can use ADMT to migrate from one to a other ADDS. If it is SQL you could move the database

MCSA exchange 2016 | MCTS exchange 2013 | MCTS-MCITP exchange 2010 | MCTS-MCITP Exchange: 2007 | MCSA Messaging: 2003 | MCP windows 2000

Saturday, February 18, 2017 10:02 PM
  • Hi,

Is further assistance required?

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 10:11 AM